Stay Safe this Halloween Season
Halloween is a fun, and sometimes spooky, time of year. As the holiday approaches we thought it would be a good time to share some Halloween festivity safety tips.
- Work in a dry, clean, and well-lit area.
- It’s recommended to only use the tools provided in a carving kit when carving a pumpkin.
- There are safety risks involved with pumpkin carving, especially when it comes to young children. Make sure an adult is present, and when age appropriate, have the adult complete the carving.
- Avoid an open flame by using battery powered lights instead. If you choose to use a candle, light it using a long reach lighter to avoid burning yourself.
- There are alternatives to carving pumpkins. Get creative with painting and accessories. It’s a great way for everyone to be involved at any age!
- Keep walkways clear and replace burned-out bulbs with energy-efficient light bulbs. Energy-efficient bulbs typically use about 25-80% less energy than traditional incandescents and can last 3-25 times longer!
- Take flashlights with fresh batteries and distribute glow sticks and necklaces to help light the way.
- Make sure your cell phone is charged prior to walking your route.
- Look both ways and cross the street at corners. Use streetlights and crosswalks when they are available.
- Add reflective tape to costumes and trick-or-treat bags so children can be seen at night.
- Remember to check all candy prior to consumption!
We hope you have a safe and happy Halloween!
American Society for Surgery of the Hand
AEP Energy is a certified Competitive Retail Electric Service (CRES) provider and as a Competitive Retail Natural Gas Service (CRNGS) provider. While it is an affiliate of AEP Ohio, AEP Energy is not soliciting on behalf of and is not an agent of AEP Ohio. AEP Ohio customers do not need to purchase any competitive retail electric service from AEP Energy to receive or to continue to receive non-competitive retail electric services from AEP Ohio.